AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear

The American automotive sector criticizes the trade agreement between the USA and Great Britain.

Publisher by Publisher
May 9, 2025
in Latest News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Setor automóvel norte-americano critica acordo comercial entre os EUA e a Grã-Bretanha

The most recent trade agreement of Donald Trump’s government with Great Britain unfairly penalizes American companies in the automotive sector that have partnered with Canada and Mexico.

This position has now been taken by the American Automotive Policy Council (AAPC), which states that the agreement between the US and the UK “harms builders, suppliers, and workers in the automotive industry”, according to the group’s president, Matt Blunt.

The agreement revealed on Thursday between US President Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Keir Starmer reduces the tariff on British vehicles from 27.5% to 10% for the first 100,000 vehicles shipped from Great Britain to the United States.

In contrast, Ford, General Motors Company, and Stellantis, the latter being the manufacturer of the Jeep brand and members of the AAPC, face import tariffs of 25% on cars assembled in Canada and Mexico.

“We are disappointed that the government has prioritized the UK over our North American partners”, said Blunt. “With this agreement, it will now be cheaper to import a vehicle from the UK with very little American content, to the detriment of a vehicle from Mexico or Canada, which has half of its parts made in America.”

It should be noted that Donald Trump announced last week some measures to reduce the impact of tariffs on imported automotive parts, measures that were well received by GM and Ford.

The Trump administration will allow companies that assemble automobiles in the United States to deduct a fraction of the cost of imported parts for two years to give the industry enough time to realign its supply chains.

“We hope that this preferential access for vehicles from the UK compared to American ones does not set a precedent for future negotiations with Asian and European competitors.”, said Blunt.

Tags: AAPCAcordo comercialConselho Americano de Política AutomóvelDonald TrumpEUAFordGeneral MotosGMGrã-BretanhaJeepMatt BluntStellantisTarifas
Share212Tweet133Send

Related Posts

Ford e Geely estudam parceria
Latest News

“Ford and Geely are exploring a partnership.”

The American Ford and the Chinese Geely, both under pressure to lower production costs and investments in the development of...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Novo Mercedes S 680 Guard 4Matic: versão blindada não foi esquecida
Latest News

New Mercedes S 680 Guard 4Matic: the armored version has not been forgotten.

When recently renewing the Mercedes S-Class, the star house has not forgotten the armored version. With its top-of-the-line model receiving...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Renault produz drones em Le Mans
Latest News

Renault produces drones in Le Mans.

Renault has had an industrial hub in Le Mans since 1969, for the production of various components, especially mechanical parts,...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Pedido do mercado norte-americano: um BMW X7 (ainda) maior
Latest News

Request from the North American market: an (even) larger BMW X7.

BMW has received requests from many North American dealers for the production of an X7 that is even larger than...

by Redação
February 3, 2026

Recent News

FIA unleashes shock ban on engine innovation: 2027 regulations spark fierce debate in F1

FIA unleashes shock ban on engine innovation: 2027 regulations spark fierce debate in F1

February 17, 2026
Aston Martin faces staggering crisis as Lance Stroll mocks team’s dismal performance in Bahrain tests

Aston Martin faces staggering crisis as Lance Stroll mocks team’s dismal performance in Bahrain tests

February 17, 2026
Max Verstappen eyes legendary 24h Nürburgring challenge: can he conquer endurance racing?

Max Verstappen eyes legendary 24h Nürburgring challenge: can he conquer endurance racing?

February 17, 2026
Cadillac defies norms to forge its own F1 destiny: a bold move against Haas’ strategy

Cadillac defies norms to forge its own F1 destiny: a bold move against Haas’ strategy

February 17, 2026

Newsletter

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • EDITORIAL STATUS
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.

MSports Play Icon
MSports Play
The New streaming service
Download
×
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.