AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear

“Lamborghini will not postpone its electrification strategy.”

Publisher by Publisher
November 27, 2024
in Latest News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0

Lamborghini remains committed to its electrification strategy and has made it clear that, unlike other luxury brands, it will not postpone its plans due to the global decline in demand for electric vehicles.

The confirmation was made by the CEO of the Sant’Agata Bolognese brand, Stephan Winkelmann, who recently confirmed that the electric crossover planned under the Lanzador concept is on track to debut before the end of the decade.

“We have enough time to decide whether we need to accelerate or delay the introduction of electric models”, said Stephan Winkelmann to “Autocar.” “So far, we have no plans to delay anything: we said we want to have our first 100% electric model by the end of this decade, and that is something we will continue to promote, because we said it has to be an additional car – a fourth model.”

It is worth noting that Lamborghini’s current lineup consists of the Urus SUV, as well as the supercars Temeraio and Revuelto, all equipped with hybrid engines, a paradigm shift that the Italian brand’s customers seem to have embraced.

However, unlike other luxury brands, Lamborghini has never moved forward with the idea of ending combustion engines, which seems to be a wise decision, considering that other brands have ultimately backtracked on their promises.

“When we decided to take the first step in our strategy to have an entirely new range of hybrid models, it was a significant effort for the company”, said Winkelmann. “Over the last four years, we have worked very hard on this strategy, and now we see that this was – you never know, but – the right decision. Therefore, I believe that being very focused on a step-by-step approach to electrification was the right decision”, concluded the CEO of Lamborghini.

The strategy of the Sant’Agata Bolognese brand seems to be on the right track, especially since, according to Lamborghini, the Urus SUV, the brand’s best-selling model in recent years, continues to receive so many purchase orders that anyone wanting a new Lamborghini SUV will have to wait over a year, as deliveries are now only scheduled for 2026.

It should be noted that the new generation of the Urus is expected to arrive before the end of the decade and will feature a fully electric powertrain.

Tags: AutocarElétricoshíbridoLamborghiniLanzadormobilidade elétricaRevueltoSant'Agata BologneseStephan WinkelmannTemerarioUrus
Share212Tweet133Send

Related Posts

Ford e Geely estudam parceria
Latest News

“Ford and Geely are exploring a partnership.”

The American Ford and the Chinese Geely, both under pressure to lower production costs and investments in the development of...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Novo Mercedes S 680 Guard 4Matic: versão blindada não foi esquecida
Latest News

New Mercedes S 680 Guard 4Matic: the armored version has not been forgotten.

When recently renewing the Mercedes S-Class, the star house has not forgotten the armored version. With its top-of-the-line model receiving...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Renault produz drones em Le Mans
Latest News

Renault produces drones in Le Mans.

Renault has had an industrial hub in Le Mans since 1969, for the production of various components, especially mechanical parts,...

by Redação
February 16, 2026
Pedido do mercado norte-americano: um BMW X7 (ainda) maior
Latest News

Request from the North American market: an (even) larger BMW X7.

BMW has received requests from many North American dealers for the production of an X7 that is even larger than...

by Redação
February 3, 2026

Recent News

Aston Martin defies expectations with bold tyre strategy at crucial Bahrain F1 test

Aston Martin defies expectations with bold tyre strategy at crucial Bahrain F1 test

February 16, 2026
Hamilton’s shocking claims ignite controversy: Vasseur downplays engineer shake-up at Ferrari

Hamilton’s shocking claims ignite controversy: Vasseur downplays engineer shake-up at Ferrari

February 16, 2026
Red Bull claims rivals are faster: shocking pre-season pace reveals fierce Formula 1 battle ahead

Red Bull claims rivals are faster: shocking pre-season pace reveals fierce Formula 1 battle ahead

February 16, 2026
Cadillac’s shocking wind tunnel scandal: how fake Pirelli tyres threatened F1 2026 debut

Cadillac’s shocking wind tunnel scandal: how fake Pirelli tyres threatened F1 2026 debut

February 16, 2026

Newsletter

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • EDITORIAL STATUS
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.

MSports Play Icon
MSports Play
The New streaming service
Download
×
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.