AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear

FIA Fails to Prove Red Bull’s Alleged Ride Height Manipulation, Declares Investigation a “Non-Story”

Publisher by Publisher
January 9, 2025
in Motorsports
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
FIA Fails to Prove Red Bull’s Alleged Ride Height Manipulation, Declares Investigation a “Non-Story”

AUSTIN, TEXAS - OCTOBER 18: Max Verstappen of the Netherlands driving the (1) Oracle Red Bull Racing RB20 on track during Sprint Qualifying ahead of the F1 Grand Prix of United States at Circuit of The Americas on October 18, 2024 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Mark Sutton/Getty Images) // Getty Images / Red Bull Content Pool // SI202410190056 // Usage for editorial use only //

The FIA has announced it cannot definitively prove whether Red Bull Racing gained a competitive edge during the 2024 Formula 1 season by allegedly using a front bib device to alter the ride height of its RB20 car. This comes after weeks of speculation that Red Bull may have exploited a loophole in the regulations, which could have provided them with an illegal advantage.

Concerns emerged after rivals, particularly McLaren, raised alarms that Red Bull might have been manipulating the ride height of the RB20 during parc fermé conditions—something that would violate F1 rules. If Red Bull had done so, it could have enabled them to optimize the car’s aerodynamics for both qualifying and the race, potentially giving them an edge over their competitors.

The FIA sent technical delegates into Red Bull’s garage during the United States Grand Prix in Austin for a thorough inspection. However, after extensive checks, FIA single-seater director Nikolas Tombazis confirmed that they found no conclusive evidence to prove any wrongdoing by Red Bull.

“We’ve done all that’s needed to stop there being any accusations,” said Tombazis in an interview with Sky Sports. “I think it’s certainly not a story from now on. We’ve taken measures to ensure nothing like this can be questioned moving forward.”

Tombazis admitted that while Red Bull’s system may have given them a marginal advantage, the potential gains were so small—measured in millimeters—that it was nearly impossible to verify if it had any significant impact. “We’re really talking about very small numbers. I don’t think it’s something that we could go and check. We don’t have any proof of something untoward happening.”

Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner welcomed the FIA’s findings and emphasized that the team has always operated within the rules. “It was a conversation that we had with the FIA in Singapore, and they’ve looked at it and they’re more than happy with it,” Horner said.

Horner also took the opportunity to highlight the intense scrutiny Red Bull has faced, particularly given their dominance since the introduction of ground-effect cars in 2022. “Our car has come under more scrutiny in the last three years than any other car in the pit lane. We’re totally comfortable,” he added.

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown, who had called for a full investigation into the matter, remains skeptical. Brown expressed concerns that Red Bull may have gained a greater advantage than originally believed, but has so far accepted the FIA’s conclusions. On the other hand, Ferrari Team Principal Frederic Vasseur said he trusts the FIA’s findings, though he made it clear that if Red Bull were proven to have violated parc fermé rules, it would be a blatant case of cheating.

“If they used it [in parc fermé], it’s clearly cheating. It’s not a grey area or whatever,” Vasseur said. “But we have to trust the FIA and let’s see.”

While this controversy has now been classified as a “non-story” by the FIA, it has reignited the ongoing debate about the limits of innovation in Formula 1 and the role of technical regulation in maintaining fairness. For now, Red Bull emerges from the investigation unscathed, but as the championship fight tightens in the remaining races, the scrutiny on every team’s tactics will only intensify.

Share212Tweet133Send

Related Posts

Lewis Hamilton’s epic comeback in F1 2026: will new regulations ignite his winning streak?
Motorsports

Lewis Hamilton’s epic comeback in F1 2026: will new regulations ignite his winning streak?

Lewis Hamilton: The Comeback King? A Riveting Look at His 2026 F1 Future! As the dust settles on a transformative...

by Carl Harrison
February 18, 2026
Riley Herbst battles chaos at Daytona 500: a wild finish that defines his drive
Motorsports

Riley Herbst battles chaos at Daytona 500: a wild finish that defines his drive

Riley Herbst Rises from the Ashes: Daytona 500 Chaos Fuels His Determination In a heart-pounding display that encapsulated the very...

by Simon Monroy
February 18, 2026
Zane Smith’s epic Daytona 500 battle: a thrilling points day ignites championship hopes
Motorsports

Zane Smith’s epic Daytona 500 battle: a thrilling points day ignites championship hopes

Zane Smith's Daytona 500 Dream Derailed: A Mixed Bag of Triumph and Disappointment In a thrilling showdown at the Daytona...

by Redação
February 18, 2026
Fernando Alonso ignites hope amid Aston Martin’s dire F1 2026 predictions: is it too late?
Motorsports

Fernando Alonso ignites hope amid Aston Martin’s dire F1 2026 predictions: is it too late?

Fernando Alonso Sounds Alarm for Aston Martin: "It Could Be Too Late!" In a stunning admission that has sent shockwaves...

by Publisher
February 18, 2026

Recent News

Lewis Hamilton’s epic comeback in F1 2026: will new regulations ignite his winning streak?

Lewis Hamilton’s epic comeback in F1 2026: will new regulations ignite his winning streak?

February 18, 2026
Riley Herbst battles chaos at Daytona 500: a wild finish that defines his drive

Riley Herbst battles chaos at Daytona 500: a wild finish that defines his drive

February 18, 2026
Zane Smith’s epic Daytona 500 battle: a thrilling points day ignites championship hopes

Zane Smith’s epic Daytona 500 battle: a thrilling points day ignites championship hopes

February 18, 2026
Fernando Alonso ignites hope amid Aston Martin’s dire F1 2026 predictions: is it too late?

Fernando Alonso ignites hope amid Aston Martin’s dire F1 2026 predictions: is it too late?

February 18, 2026

Newsletter

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • EDITORIAL STATUS
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.

MSports Play Icon
MSports Play
The New streaming service
Download
×
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.