AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語
  • STANDINGS
No Result
View All Result
AutoGear

George Russell Sets the Record Straight: ‘I Won’t Be Pushed Around’ By Verstappen in 2025

Carl Harrison by Carl Harrison
February 19, 2025
in Motorsports
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
George Russell Sets the Record Straight: ‘I Won’t Be Pushed Around’ By Verstappen in 2025

George Russell may have clashed with Max Verstappen at the tail end of last season, but as the 2025 Formula 1 campaign kicks off, the Mercedes driver is determined to leave the past behind. Russell, who has entered the new year with a clean slate, is focused on one thing—winning—and he’s made it crystal clear that he won’t allow anyone, including Verstappen, to intimidate him on track.

The tension between Russell and Verstappen reached its boiling point during the Qatar Grand Prix, where the two drivers had a fiery exchange that ultimately led Verstappen to declare that he had “lost all respect” for his rival. The animosity between the two only deepened as the season finale approached, with Russell launching a scathing verbal attack against the Red Bull champion. However, speaking at the F175 event, Russell insisted that the past was now firmly behind him, choosing instead to concentrate on the season ahead.

Russell’s Focus: “I’m Not Going to Change My Approach”

“No, we haven’t spoken, [I have] no concerns about him or his driving or anything,” Russell told reporters, brushing off the ongoing tension. “That happened last year and I want to focus on myself.” While Russell acknowledged that his frustration with Verstappen was real, he is resolute in his approach to the new season. “Obviously, things I felt got out of line at the end of last year, and made it pretty clear that I’m not going to kind of take it. But now, it’s 2025 and I’m focused on the job—the job is to win.”

Russell’s no-nonsense attitude remains unchanged, as he reaffirmed his intention to battle Verstappen and every other driver on equal terms. “I’m not going to change my approach, fighting him, fighting any other drivers. The goal is the same, and I guess we’ll see when we get to Melbourne.”

A New Era for Mercedes: Russell Takes on Leadership Role

Entering 2025 as the senior figure at Mercedes, Russell is now tasked with guiding the team into a new era, following the departure of Lewis Hamilton and the arrival of young prodigy Kimi Antonelli. Despite the changes, the 27-year-old is confident and ready for the responsibility.

“Even if the lineup stayed the same this year, I’m going into this season as my fourth year with Mercedes. It’s my seventh year in F1,” said Russell. “I feel last year was probably my strongest season ever. I feel I’m just getting stronger year on year.”

Russell’s rise within Mercedes has been steady and marked by growing support from the team. With Antonelli joining as the fresh face of the team, Russell sees the new partnership as an exciting opportunity for growth. “Kimi is a super fast driver, super motivated. Naturally for any driver in their first year, there is a lot to learn but I’m sure it’s going to be a good season together,” Russell added.

Conclusion: Russell’s Resolve in 2025

As George Russell steps into his fourth season with Mercedes, he does so with a stronger sense of confidence and leadership. His rivalry with Max Verstappen may have made waves last year, but as the 2025 season approaches, Russell is focused solely on winning. With his unyielding determination and growing strength, Russell is ready to face whatever challenges lie ahead, including the ever-present Verstappen. But one thing is certain: he’s not going to be pushed around.

Share212Tweet133Send

Related Posts

McLaren Dominates Dutch Grand Prix FP1: Norris Outsprints Piastri as Verstappen Struggles
Motorsports

McLaren Dominates Dutch Grand Prix FP1: Norris Outsprints Piastri as Verstappen Struggles

Formula One F1 - Dutch Grand Prix - Circuit Zandvoort, Zandvoort, Netherlands - August 29, 2025 McLaren's Lando Norris during...

by David Castro
August 29, 2025
Max Verstappen Breaks Silence: Shocking Insights on 2026 Red Bull F1 Simulator Test!
Motorsports

Max Verstappen Breaks Silence: Shocking Insights on 2026 Red Bull F1 Simulator Test!

Getty Images / Red Bull Content Pool

by Publisher
August 29, 2025
Red Bull Unleashes Bold Front Wing Upgrade Amidst F1 Dutch Grand Prix Showdown
Motorsports

Red Bull Unleashes Bold Front Wing Upgrade Amidst F1 Dutch Grand Prix Showdown

Getty Images / Red Bull Content Pool

by David Castro
August 29, 2025
Sauber’s Shocking Decision: Why Hulkenberg and Bortoleto Are Banned from Testing the 2026 Car!
Motorsports

Sauber’s Shocking Decision: Why Hulkenberg and Bortoleto Are Banned from Testing the 2026 Car!

Formula One F1 - Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - April 20, 2025 Sauber's...

by Carl Smith
August 29, 2025

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

McLaren Dominates Dutch Grand Prix FP1: Norris Outsprints Piastri as Verstappen Struggles

McLaren Dominates Dutch Grand Prix FP1: Norris Outsprints Piastri as Verstappen Struggles

August 29, 2025
Max Verstappen Breaks Silence: Shocking Insights on 2026 Red Bull F1 Simulator Test!

Max Verstappen Breaks Silence: Shocking Insights on 2026 Red Bull F1 Simulator Test!

August 29, 2025
Red Bull Unleashes Bold Front Wing Upgrade Amidst F1 Dutch Grand Prix Showdown

Red Bull Unleashes Bold Front Wing Upgrade Amidst F1 Dutch Grand Prix Showdown

August 29, 2025
Sauber’s Shocking Decision: Why Hulkenberg and Bortoleto Are Banned from Testing the 2026 Car!

Sauber’s Shocking Decision: Why Hulkenberg and Bortoleto Are Banned from Testing the 2026 Car!

August 29, 2025

Newsletter

  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • EDITORIAL STATUS
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.

No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • AutoGear TV
  • Sustainable Mobility
  • Motorsports
    • Circuits
    • Rally
    • Rally raid
    • WEC
  • English
    • Português
    • Italiano
    • Français
    • Español
    • English
    • Deutsch
    • 日本語

© 2023 AutoGear - Todos os direitos reservados AutoGear.

Enable Notifications OK No thanks